Welcome to the new and improved site for GnomeICU! GnomeICU is one of the
most popular UN*X-based ICQ programs in the world. Internet chatting has
quickly become one of the most popular uses of the Internet - second only to
Email. Instant messaging allows users to communicate in real time with
friends, family members, and coworkers in an efficient, unobtrusive manner.
GnomeICU has support for all of the following ICQ features:
- Server-side list storage
- Basic messaging
- File transfer (temporarily broken due to protocol change)
- Contact history
- Visible/Invisible/Ignore lists
- Ability to interface ICU from the command line
- Icon themes
- and many, many more.
GnomeICU was primarily written by Jeremy Wise, a Computer Science Major at Cornerstone University. It is now being maintained by Olivier Crête and Patrick Sung.
During the past few years, GnomeICU has acquired support from many individuals:
- David Tabachnikov: General coding, bug fixes, icon themes, and a lot more
- Gediminas Paulauskas: A lot of code cleanup and memory fixes
- Ryan Cumming: Massively improved file transfer
- Olivier Crête: General cleanup, protocol version 7
- Patrick Sung: Server-side contact list
GnomeICU has a mailing list set up specifically to handle your support
requests. Mailing the authors may result in a long wait for a reply,
so if you'd like a quick response from the GnomeICU community, please
send an email to the gnomeicu-support mailing list. Click
here to get more information!